Monday, May 11, 2009

What a FANTASTIC Day!

Ryleigh had a fantastic day at her new daycare. The teacher said she never cried or seemed sad or upset that she was there. She made a ladybug from a rock and put together a lady bug counting book. She took a great nap and ate a good lunch. When I picked her up she didn't want to go home, she wanted to stay and play!! What a change that was. She didn't have to be in time out at all today (of course I have never known Ryleigh to be in time out so that wasn't something that surprised me) so she got to pick a piece of candy out of the jar before she left. She was a totally different person when I picked her up. And the teacher stood and talked me for a few minutes and Ryleigh was able to show me the things she did that day. Usually I was always rushed to get out because Ryleigh wanted to go and was crabby and the teacher was always so busy and didn't have the time to talk. It just wasn't as calm and welcoming as this new daycare. When we got in the car I asked Ryleigh about her day and she was happy and excited. I asked her if she wanted to go back and she said yes and I asked her if she likes Miss Loretta and wanted to go back to her house and she said yes. (And just to make sure that she wasn't say yes to everything I also asked her if she wanted to go to school and replied with a no.) I pray that each day goes this well and she continues to love it this much!

No comments: