Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We can't forget about Ryleigh!

I have been trying to play catch up on the blog and wanted to share some of Madison's first 3 months, so I haven't shared much of Ryleigh.

Ryleigh is growing up so fast. She is looking like a big girl and doing big girl things. The only baby left in her is her binkie! She is learning so much, she amazes me everyday. Sometimes she will do things or say things that just blow me away. I have to stop and ask myself, when did she get this big? Her language and vocabulary is increasing so much. Her sentences are getting longer and her ability to carry on a conversation with someone is amazing. She can count, although she tends to skip numbers. She is working on her colors and shapes. But it's the everyday stuff that just amazes me, things that I don't ever recall talking about or teaching her. Like the other day, she said something about boys and knowing that I have never really taught her the difference between boys and girls, I asked her if she knew what a boy was and she said yes. So I asked her if she was a boy and she said, no I a girl. I went through the list asking her what everyone was and she got them all right. She is also using past and present tense with a lot of words. She is just amazing. Her personality is awesome. She is so polite and so compassionate and such a clown. She is a great helper with her baby sister and wants to do everything like mommy and daddy. We are VERY proud of her and feel really blessed to have her as a daughter.

BUT, Ryleigh is also TWO! She takes a lot of patience on most days and tends to get in trouble at least once a day. She is miss independent these days and that can cause some tantrums when it just doesn't go her way. She likes to say no and not always listen, she likes to throw the world's loudest tantrum in the middle of Wal-Mart or a restaurant. She gets frustrated easily which usually turns into whining and then frustration for us. But all in all, she is a great kid! And when I think she is being a brat, I just have to talk to another mother of a toddler and I am reassured that she is just a normal 2 year old.

She is going through a bit of a separation anxiety, which I believe is due to the fact that she has to share her mommy and daddy now. She has her days where she is very clingy and wants to be right there all the time. She also sleeps with me every night. And after some time I came to realize how loved it made her feel "to be by mommy" (as she would say). She has been sick a lot lately. Which is also why she got in the habit of sleeping in the bed with me, we had her in her bed after Madison was born, but just as it was working and she was in there several nights in a row, she got sick and back in my bed.

Anyway, Ryleigh is an amazing little girl and we are very proud to be her parents. She is growing fast and we are just trying to enjoy every moment with her. Here are a few pictures taken of her lately. ENJOY!

I can't upload pictures for some reason, I will get them on here as soon as I can though.

No comments: