Monday, May 4, 2009

THREE months old

Madison turned 3 months old last Wednesday. I just can't believe how fast it's going by. She is growing so fast. I was looking back at my blog and reading the posts I wrote when I was pregnant and it made me feel sad. I miss being pregnant, yet I am so happy to have her here, healthy and happy. I miss her newborn stage and I feel like it has gone by so fast. I look forward to each stage and enjoy it in the moment, but I always miss the stages before. She is really starting to develop a personality and it's so neat to watch this happen.

She had a very eventful month. She is developing and learning so fast. She rolled over for the first time, from her belly to her back, when she was 10 1/2 weeks old. Madison sleeps on her belly ( I know it's a huge no no), but when you spend 5 weeks not getting any sleep because your baby doesn't sleep well (or at all) on her back, you just take the plunge and then at some point you confess it ( you would be surprised at how many moms do this too). I started putting her on her back at 5 weeks and we have both slept so much better since. I waited until she had great head control and was able to move her head from one side to the other. Anyway, one day I went in to get her from her nap and she was lying there on her back, kicking and crying. She rolls from her belly to her back a lot, but hasn't yet rolled from her back to her belly. She has come really close a few times, but just hasn't made it all the way over.
She also laughed for the first time around 10 1/2 weeks too. The first sound that resembled a giggle happened at work. I was getting ready to feed her (she always gets so excited when its time to eat) and she started smiling and I said something to her and this little giggle came out. It was so cute and I started laughing out loud. She just looked at me with those great big eyes and had this look like what is wrong with you. It was just a couple of days later, we were visiting daddy at work and Scott was imitating his daughter and out of nowhere Madison had this deep down chuckle. It took us all by surprise. Daddy was the only one that could get her to laugh after that. Ryleigh thought it was the funniest thing ever the first time she noticed her laughing. Her laughs are still hard to get out of her, but I did finally get her to laugh at me today. It's just the cutest sound ever and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

She has started taking interest in toys and can play with them now. She loves anything she can squeeze and chew on. She loves putting things in her mouth... her hands (this includes her fist and fingers), her blankets, her toys, pretty much anything she can get her hands on. She has certainly discovered her hands and her feet. She loves to look at herself in the mirror.... she loves it when the baby smiles back at her. She is cooing like crazy, she will talk to you for as long as you will pay attention to her. And if you are not paying attention to her and she wants to talk, she just starts crying until you look at her or talk to her and then she is all smile and coos. She LOVES lots of attention. She sometimes gets so excited and will let out squeals as she scrunches up her face and smiles at you. She has developed great head control (well if you ask daddy, he thinks she jerks too much and makes jokes about it... not nice daddy) and can hold her head up really well when she is on her belly. The only problem with this, is now that she can hold it up high and look around, she doesn't realize she can put it down and has trouble falling alseep sometimes. I have to put her head down for her every now and then and help her to fall asleep. She slept through the night 2 nights this month!! I can't really complain about her sleeping at night time. Anyway, it was another wonderful month with Madison. Here are a few pictures.




No comments: