Tuesday, July 8, 2008

18 months old already!!

Ryleigh was 18 months old this past Sunday. She had her 18 month WCC on Monday. She is doing fabulous!!!!! She FINALLY reached 20 lbs! 20 lbs and 3 oz to be exact!! She has now dropped to the 3rd%, but the pedi doesn't seem concerned at all. She has always been on the lower end of the scale and since 9 months has gradually dropped from the 10th% to the 3rd%. She eats well, so I am not sure where it goes. She is finally at average height, 31 1/2 inches. I guess I can still call her shorty though! ;) She only had one shot and will get one more at 2 and then she is done until she is 4!!!! YAY!

She is certainly a toddler with toddler behavior. She has developed a lovely attitude that takes a lot of patience! ;) Along with this scream that makes you wish you had ear plugs. Overall, though, she is a very sweet and good little girl. She is so lovable and hilarious to be around. The toddler stage takes a lot more energy to keep up with than the newborn who wakes up every 2 hours and doesn't let you sleep. She is learning so much and developing so quick. We are really enjoying her and feel so blessed that God gave us such a blessing.

We are preparing her for the new baby, but she is so in love with babies, that I am hoping that sticks around and adjusting will be a breeze. We will see when the baby is there all the time.

Oh, and a very well pronounced "MOMMY" has become her favorite word!! I love it!! She has called me some sort of version of mama or mommom for a long time, but it really melts my heart to hear this little tiny voice that sounds so grown up call me mommy (and other people and things sometimes).

2 comments:

Granny Bird said...

She is certainly a pretty little petite doll! I haven't heard that scream but she does have a set of lungs...I think she will have a baby sister on January 30th (my birthday) and I'm wondering if that gives me naming rights? Just kidding! Hope she enjoys the races this week-end, hope she has ear plugs! Love Aunt Marsha

Sarah said...

I'll do my best to comment on your blog. I'm going to be doing good to write on mine. I can't believe Ryleigh is 18 months old already. Our kids are going to be in school before we know it. I am glad to hear everything is going well. Andrew always talks about her.