Monday, October 13, 2008

Ryleigh went potty in the big girl potty!!

For the last month or so Ryleigh has been wanting to use the big potty. So I (most of the time, since I haven't really started potty training) let her sit on the big potty, but nothing has ever happened. We do it just for fun and just whenever she wants to. Well, for the last few days she has actually tried going potty while sitting on it, she grunts and pushes, but nothing would happen..... until...... Sunday. Sunday afternoon we were downstairs and I said to her, "mommy has to potty, I will be back." But she followed me up there and when I was done she insisted on sitting on the potty. So, we take off her pants and diaper and she sits on the potty. She starts trying really hard and finally she peed!!!!!!!! She just smiled real big and I got all excited and we ran downstairs to tell daddy, who was so proud!! I guess we will see what happens. I don't really plan to start potty training until after 2 because daycare doesn't do potty training in the one year old room, but we will just see where this leads us. In the meantime, it's just all for fun!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good job Ryleigh...you are so big!!