Friday, August 15, 2008

Mommy's little helper

Ryleigh tries so hard to help me out. She likes to try to clean and do the dishes. She always helps me empty the dishwasher. You can always tell when she put the silverware away. I usually have to wait to load the dishwasher when she isn't around though because she tries to put those away too. She also likes to wipe things down or sweep things up. If she makes a mess she will get the broom and dustpan out. Last weekend, she crushed crackers all over the living room floor. She got in trouble for it and I went in the next room to grab the vacuum, when I came back Ryleigh was in the living room with the broom and dustpan trying to clean it up. I just couldn't be upset with her anymore!

Last night was the cutest though. Ryleigh was sitting with daddy watching an Elvis special on TV and I was doing laundry. I came upstairs with a basket of clothes and sat down on the couch. Ryleigh jumped down and ran over to the basket and picked up some of her clothes and ran to her room with them. Well, seeing as she just wanted to help, I folded a couple of her things and handed them to her. She ran off to her room and came back for more. We did this until all of her clothes were folded and in her room. We watched her as she did this and wondered what she was really doing with them. So when I was done I walked in her room just to check it out and she nicely piled them all up in her diaper bag.

She is just such a great helper. I hope that she will always be like that!! ;)

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Way to go Ryleigh, you are just like your Grammy when she was a little girl. You are such a big girl. Love, Grammy

Sarah said...

That's so cute. Andrew just jumps on and throws my folded laundry! He does try to help clean, though. Even though he sometimes makes a bigger mess by helping. I guess it makes them feel special!