Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our Big Week Ahead

This is going to be a busy and big week for us!! Wednesday is Ryleigh's 3rd birthday. I find myself very emotional about this.... it's just so hard to believe that my baby is going to be 3. She is just getting so big so fast. I look at her and I don't see a baby anymore or even a toddler. She looks like a little girl. I never thought watching your kids grow up could be so amazing and so rewarding, yet the most emotional thing you could ever go through. But I am looking forward to her birthday, just as she is. She is very excited about it and she thinks she is going to be 6!! Along with her birthday on Wednesday, she is also having a Mickey Mouse birthday party on Sunday, so we have to get ready for that. She can't wait for it either!

Thursday is my first prenatal visit. I am very excited about this because I am hoping for an ultrasound so that I can know for sure how far along I am and what my due date is. Please pray that I get the ultrasound!! I feel like I just did all of this... oh wait... I DID just do all of this. ;) When I first found I was pregnant I was very excited, just as I think anyone who wants more babies would be, but I was also completely freaked out. Tom and I had decided that we would have a 3rd baby, someday that is. Who would have ever thought it would have happened so soon. And for me finding out that I was pregnant just 10 months after giving birth worried me, especially since I had already had one miscarriage (14 months after Ryleigh was born) but I was also worried about the short age gap between Madison and this baby. As the first couple of days passed, I was excited and freaked out all at the same time. I found myself wondering and thinking about every stupid thing you could think of, including the fact that I am now below pre-pregnancy from my first prenatal visit with Madison. I owe a lot of that to my 5k training, but it was something that I was happy about, but when I found out I was pregnant, I kept thinking about how I didn't get to enjoy that very long and I will have to start all over again and what if it doesn't come off as quick and easy as it did before. Everything, I mean everything I could think of, I did. It's been 3 weeks since I found out that I was expecting baby #3 and I don't give a hoot about any of that anymore. I feel so incredibly blessed and I know that God isn't going to give me more than I can handle and He will take care of me and my family no matter what the situation is. I am very excited for the new arrival and everything that God has in store for me. 2010 is going to be another great year with another special blessing for us! Now if only I could get rid of the morning (or should I say all day) sickness.... I could really go without that!!

Check back for more birthday and baby updates!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And now Tom doesn't have wait to get another tax deduction :).