Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Ryleigh!

Yesterday was Ryleigh's 3rd birthday! It's so hard to believe that she is already 3. My baby is getting too big too fast! I was emotional about her turning 3, not sure why exactly, it could have been the hormones talking. I actually cried on the way to work thinking about the day she was born and now she is 3! We waited so long for her and she is so incredibly special to us (as all children are). It has been an amazing 3 years, watching her grow and learn and become her own person. We've watched her reach all of her major milestones. Now she will just keep growing and getting smarter! Her personality and character is out of this world.... she amazes us everyday and makes us so proud. I have this image of what kind of person she will be as she gets older and grows into an adult and I pray that we are able to do what is right as parents!

She had a wonderful birthday.... she started the morning off with a couple of presents. She got to take cupcakes to school to share with her friends and when she got there her teacher had balloons and a birthday crown for her. I think it made her feel really special. I picked her up early from school just to be with her. When Mimi got off work, we went over there for dinner and cupcakes and Mimi gave her a present. Then we came home and waited for daddy to get home so we could do her chocolate chip cake and more presents. She played the rest of the evening and went to bed with us. She was so happy and you could tell she really enjoyed her day. I hope it was special to her! We didn't really get to do anything with her like we did last year, but I plan to make it different next year. I did feel guilty about that. Last year we took her to the Magic House and out to eat.... the older she gets the more I know those things will be special to her. This was just a bad week to take the entire day off. We do still have her bday party though and I think she will enjoy that!

No comments: