Thursday, June 4, 2009

4 MONTHS OLD!!

Can you believe that Madison is 4 MONTHS OLD already!! I can't! She is growing so fast. She had her 4 month check up on Tuesday, she is doing great. She was 24 1/4 inches and 13 lbs 5 oz. The doctor said I could start introducing solids if I wanted, but I think I will wait. She had 3 shots and one oral. I always hate this part, they cry so much and it's so sad to see how much it hurts. She woke up yesterday with a fever and ran one all day and this morning still had it. She has been a a little crabby, but that is understandable. (When I had a shot in my arm before I left the hospital when I had her, I complained for days about how sore my arm was, so I am sure their legs do get sore.)

She learned some new things this month. She has become much more aware of her surroundings. She likes to play with her toys and reaches for them. She has increasingly become better at grasping and holding things. She likes to take her binkie in and out of her mouth. She is now rolling in all directions like a pro. She loves tummy time and is starting to develop the strength to sit up, she can't sit up on her own yet, just getting much stronger and working on it. She babbles and squeals all the time. She LOVES for you to talk to her and smiles at anyone who looks in her direction. By rolling and scooting she can move all over the living room. One day I laid her on the floor on a blanket in the middle of the living room and went to do the dishes, when I came back she had worked her way half way across the room and up against the wall. It's just so amazing, it feels like just yesterday I was holding this tiny little baby who could hardly lift her head up and now she is doing so many amazing things. Where does the time go? It's just way to emotional for me!

She is just a delight to be around and we love her so much!! I just can't believe how fast she is growing! Here are a few pictures from the last few days. ENJOY!



No comments: