Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mommy, I can't see, the door is shut!

Ryleigh remembers when I was pregnant with Madison and remembers when she was born. She was so sweet and so cute while I was pregnant with Madison and now that she is even older I look forward to watching her with this baby. She is hoping for a baby brother. She first said a baby sister, but then changed it to a baby brother. She calls the baby, 'baby boy'. Just as when I was pregnant with Madison she likes to talk to the baby and kiss my belly. I know that as my belly grows the more she will get into this. The other night we were laying in bed and she was talking to the baby through my belly button, just as she did with Madison. She looked into my belly button and said "Oh no Mommy, I cant see, the door is shut!" It was so darn cute and funny. She of course opened the door and then kissed the baby good night. The other night she told Tom and I that we had to take Madison back to the doctor. (in other words, take her back and leave her there for a new baby). It's so cute how they try understand all of this.

I am really looking foward to watching Ryleigh develop a relationship with the baby as the months go on. I have already explained to her that Madison and her will share her room and the new baby will take Madison's room. She has been talking about that, but thinks Madison should be in her room now. (It's not like Ryleigh actually sleeps in there, so I am not sure why she wants her in there now). She has also told me that she wants to hold the 'baby boy' and rock him and play with him. She wants to buy the baby new toys. These next few months are going to be so much and I think she will be anticipating the baby's birth as much as we will.

No comments: