Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MORE UPDATES

This is just another update on the doctor's appointments, I sure feel like I have spent a lot of time at the doctor's office between Ryleigh and I.

I had my prenatal visit on Monday. Everything looks good. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150's. All of my blood work came back good. I have gained 21 pounds so far.... YIKES!!! I start going every 2 weeks now. I just can't believe how fast this is going by and I have nothing done! My next appointment is Nov 24.

Ryleigh is starting to feel better. She is no longer running a fever. She had a cold and a bad cough all last week. Then Friday, things really seemed to get bad. She started running a high fever and her chest and cough was getting really bad. By Sunday, she had ran a fever between 100 - 102.5 all weekend, so we took her to Urgent Care, where they said she had ANOTHER ear infection. Her lungs sounded really good though (which is what we were really concerned about). Her cold that she had last week settled in her ears really quick because we were at the ENT doctor on Thursday and her ears were completely clear. Anyway, she has been on antibiotics for 4 days now and she seems to be starting to feel better. Her cough still sounds bad, but her fever has been down since Monday and last night she finally slept a little bit better. We slept on the couch, but at least she stayed asleep for the most part.

She will have surgery to have her tubes put in on Friday (the 14th) at 8:10 am. I know it's just tubes, but it makes me tear up every time i think about it. Ryleigh will probably be a better sport about it than I will. The procedure will only take about 20 minutes once she is asleep and then once she is awake and doing good, we get to go home. I am praying that the tubes work and we can get her feeling better really soon!!!

No comments: