Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ry's first day...

I dropped Ryleigh off at daycare at 8:20 this morning, it went ok. When we got there, they were just sitting down to eat breakfast. I tried to get her to sit down with the other kids, but she wanted no part of it. She was starting to get a little clingy so I told the teachers that I better not stick around or it will be hard to leave. So I handed the teacher her things and kissed Ryleigh good bye and walked away and she started crying. I had to fight back the tears myself. As we shut the door and I hung her jacket and bag on her hook, I could hear her crying. It made me so sad. I had to finish up the paperwork and get my fingerprint in the system and all that stuff, so I was there for a few minutes. Her teacher came out and I asked her how she was doing, she said she was warming up and was getting ready to sit down to eat breakfast.

I picked her back up at 11:30. She had just got done eating lunch. She was so excited to see me. They said she did fine and was good. They really didn't say a whole lot. I guess I am just expecting to much from them, I don't know. But we will see how it goes. We went by to see daddy afterwards. She fell asleep about half way to work. I was hoping she would stay asleep, but no, she slept for about 20 minutes once we got to work. So, she is very crabby and whiny. This may be a bad day! ;)

Overall, I suppose her first day went ok. We will see how it goes next week.

No comments: