Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to school we go.......

As you all know I have had the privilage of bringing Ryleigh to work with me since I came to work for my dad. When I went back to work after a 2 month maternity leave, I went back to Barreth 5 days a week for just 2 weeks. During those 2 weeks Ryleigh stayed with Mandy. At 10 weeks old, I started working for my dad 3 days a week and I brought Ryleigh with me everyday. I eventually went to 4 days a week and continued to bring her everyday. I loved it!! I didn't have to leave her with someone else and I could be with her everyday and I didn't miss a thing. As she got older it became really difficult to bring her to work with me. She got bored and therefor she became very grumpy and would misbehave. It was hard to get any work done and keep my sanity. I finally came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to work out anymore. So, back in January we hired Katie, a very lovable and sweet young girl, who watched Ryleigh 2 days a week and cleaned our house! It was great!!! It couldn't have worked out better, I could still bring Ry with me 2 days a week and I had 2 days a week at work by myself and I came home to a clean house!!!! Katie has been a Godsend, she is wonderful with Ryleigh and has helped me so much with housework. Having her clean the house two days a week has helped me more than I think she will ever realize and I am so grateful for her. But after much consideration, we have decided to send Ryleigh to daycare. This has been a very hard decision for me to make. She will go to daycare Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She will only come to work with me on Thursdays. I am just not really ready to give it all up. I couldn't be more appreciative and grateful for the chance to spend as much time with her and still work as I have. She is almost 16 months and has never really been around a group of children or the type of environment the daycare will provide for her. This way she will get the social interaction that she needs, as well as, the learning and one on one attention that I can not give her during the day when I am working. She is going to love it and it will be very good for her. I have shed a lot of tears and I am very nervous about sending her, but I know it's the best thing for her. So, she will go for a couple of hours tomorrow and Friday and then start full days on Monday. We will update you all and let you know how it goes for her.

Oh and let's hope she doesn't go around kissing all the boys. When we stopped by there to pick up the paper work and look at the daycare, she sat down next to a little boy and leaned over and kissed him! It sure was cute!

No comments: